February 14, 2009
Happy Valentine’s Day. We love YOU. And we love PRESENTS. And it has been a long time since we saw you OR presents. So upsetting.
Swopshop returns. On offer? The above magical embroidered waistcoat. Don’t let the awful photo fool you, it’s pretty amazing. Who would like it, and what will you swop? Alas, this trade is only open to those living in Dublin (or Cork- I’ll be there next weekend) because I can’t afford the postage elsewhere. Trufax.
Right-oh, offers in the comments section. We’ll leave it open until Monday or so.
December 1, 2008
1. Did you miss our Swopshop? Would you like to see it televised? Good-oh. Go here on Wednesday, at 12:30. We feature on the Culture show- you’ll have to wait about 15 minutes into the show though, so maybe run and make a cup of tea? Don’t worry if you miss it, it’ll be repeated every two hours for a 24 hour period. Also, photos of the night have surfaced on the Rough Gem blog.
2. Do you like Swedish tweepop? I do. So does Erik Hallden. Lucky that, because Swedish tweepop is how he makes his living. He also has swell lyrics like: ‘I may not be Harry Belafonte/But my kisses taste like Del Monte’.
3. Indiecator have made a Christmas record! Oh my yes! A review will follow mid-week, along with a special free track. Until then, have a goosey gander at the specially commissioned tracks from the very top of the Christmas tree.
November 18, 2008
Who do you love more? Daddy or Chips? Ailbhe or Katie-Lilga? Analogue or Soundcheck? Northside or Southside? It’s ok. You can like both. We like both. Luckily so, you can combine the two in one fell lovely wonderful swoop this Thursday night.
Firstly, hit up Soundcheck for some free-in action, and wonderful 2-for-1 cocktails at the official Swopshop afterparty in Spy:
Then, make your way across the river to the Twisted Pepper to see some superace music live. Played by musicians. In the flesh. :
November 14, 2008
November 8, 2008
I’ve been pulling a variety of strange faces today. The responsibility for this lies in the hands of one very funny joke, one very awfully awful bit of weather and one very emotional X Factor Results Show. Speaking of faces, you’ll be wanting to show yours at our fast approaching SwopShop. Tickets at €5 each can be reserved be e-mailing roughgempresents[AT]gmail[DOT]com.
Basics are handy to know, basically, so allow me. Bring up to five items of clothing in good, clean, wearable condition to The Loft in the Powerscourt Centre from 4.30 p.m. on November 20th. Receive tokens in return. At five the browsing begins and you can use your tokens to buy everybody else’s lovely lovely things. You have nothing to barter? CALM DOWN AND NEVER FEAR, there will also be vintage and handmade clothing and accessories with a maximum price of €10, cakes, punch, DJs, a make-up artist and a photo booth.
Yes. We think it sounds amazing also.
October 22, 2008
Some small small things to round up and put in various boxes.
Numero Uno: Fair play to Aine and Layla. They’re off to the wonderful wonderful Hat’s Off Party this Friday in the Morrisson hotel, for frees. Everybody else is welcome to go too, but you’ll have to buy a ticket. Luckily, you can do that here.
Uibhir a Do (I know there should be a fada there, but I don’t know how to get fadas on a Mac): Katie-Lilga and I will be throwing down some sweet-ass jams at Soundcheck tomorrow night, under the name Songs for Swinging Children. Come and holla at your girls. Or have a drink.
Numero Trois: Not in Dublin and in London instead? Some dear dear friends of mine can entertain you, with live music, pretty faces and possible chocolate cake. Facebook event ici.
Number Four: Have you booked your swopshop ticket yet? If not, why not? Hurry up!
Normal service will resume soon-some, I promise. We love you dearly.
But not as much as we love John Cusack:
October 8, 2008
EXCITED MUCH? We’ve finally put the wheels in motion for our first real-life in-the-flesh swopshop. It’s going to be held on Thursday the 20th of November, and more information can be found HERE.
June 21, 2008
It’s the 3rd Saturday of the Month. That means Swop Shop time! We’ve got some lovely lovely treats in store for yiz all.
I’ve yet to get around to distributing the stuff from the last Swop Shop, but I assure you, it won’t be long. Also, the gold top is still knocking about. If you’d like it, holla.
The rules are simple:
We’ll put up some things that we’d like to swop. You comment, saying what you want and what you’re willing to swop for it. Everyone’s happy. Result.
This month we have:
1. White and Yellow Vintage Check and Horseshoe Shirt. Size S-M. still available.
2. Green and White Vintage Pussy-Bow Blouse. Size S. still available.
3. Prom Dress. Size M-L. on hold.
4. Black and Green Rose Print Tea Dress. Size M. still available.
5. Sweetheart Vintage Charms Necklace and Bracelet Set. swopped!
6. I Heart You Screw On Vintage Charm Earrings. on hold.
If you want any more photos, measurements or general details just comment and if we’re feeling particularly generous we might just provide you with such information.
ailbhe and katie-lilga
June 1, 2008
That’s Bluebirds Are So Natural PRESENTS. As in gifts. Yes! I cleared out my wardrobe, and found somethings that while I didn’t want to keep, I didn’t want to give to charity. Nor did I really want to sell them. So, so so so so I thought I’d give them AWAY! As long as the postage isn’t crazy dear, I will happily post them off to newer, loving homes. If you’d like (and I think this is a smashing idea) you could trade me something back. Don’t feel obliged. It just means that I’d whinge less about having to pay Dublin’s extortionate postal costs. Right-oh, here’re the goods. 1.Vintage wool skirt. 26in waist. About knee-length. 2. Vintage gold top. Size 10. 3. Cardigan with lovely lovely customized sailor buttons. Size 10. Enjoy enjoy enjoy. If you’re interested, comment with yo’ email address. First come first served. xxx a